MFPIat.DLL is missing

Here you can submit bugreports
emcodem

Re: MFPIat.DLL is missing

Post by emcodem »

Thank you so much for testing this out!
That is just what i feared, we cannot simply deliver some missing dll files but instead the whole directx and media foundation platform needs to be installed.
Our way to get around will be to notify the ffmpeg guys about this and/or use another ffmpeg build for delivery with ffastrans, it might take a while.
Until then, users that don't have the mentioned windows features enabled and windows "N" users need to use the ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe from older ffastrans version or replace them by other custom builds.

(UN)Fortunately there would be a change in this area anyway due to ffmpeg zeranoe closing down which means we need to change our ffmpeg build provider.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

Emcodem,

after all tests done I rename copied dll to name.old, then I had to force to stop all exe app around ffastrans needs.

system was working but with some loose of ffprobe or ffmpeg feature and today I can see en error concerning "processors.a3x"
autoit-proc-error.png
autoit-proc-error.png (6.76 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
clicking on OK does not bring other messages.

br,
Jerrysub
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey,

oh, i hoped you were using some test installation for this.
It will be a good idea to clean up after these tests, so get rid of all copies of mfplat.dll that you placed manually in c:\windows\system32 and syswow64 folders as well as everywhere else.
However, as long as you work with an older ffastrans version than 1.1, the mfplat stuff should not be disturbing anything. So if this error was thrown by an older version, it might not even be connected to our experiments.

Anyway, cleaning up all the files we placed for testing will be a good thing.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?