Nothing Happens

Here you can submit bugreports
Decimus Deno

Nothing Happens

Post by Decimus Deno »

Hi, I'm a new user of FFAStrans and I'm an absolute noob at coding.

I'm here because I've a problem with my workflow.When I start the Workflow nothing happens.

He still Playing, Sarting, with no output.

Can you help me to solve that problem pls.

emcodem

Re: Nothing Happens

Post by emcodem »

@Decimus Deno
Welcome to the forum and thanks for using ffastrans!

So your watchfolder does not pick up any files that you copy into it?
Did you read the manual of the watchfolder processor? https://www.ffastrans.com/wiki/doku.php ... tor_folder

It would be good if you export your workflow and upload it here...
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Decimus,
maybe this screen capture can help you. You can send me a private message in French, it looks like you are and so am I. :)
Attachments
go.png
go.png (135.2 KiB) Viewed 6066 times
Decimus Deno

Post by Decimus Deno »

emcodem wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:04 pm @Decimus Deno
Welcome to the forum and thanks for using ffastrans!

So your watchfolder does not pick up any files that you copy into it?
Did you read the manual of the watchfolder processor? https://www.ffastrans.com/wiki/doku.php ... tor_folder

It would be good if you export your workflow and upload it here...
Hi, there is my workflow. I checked the manual of watchfolder processor and seen nothing special. Aslo when i checked the installation manual i noticed that i'm not having the FFAStrans processor manager in Windows security→Firewall→allow an app through the firewall, maybe it has a link with my problem ?
Attachments
Intro_Outro.json
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Decimus Deno

Post by Decimus Deno »

momocampo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 pm Hello Decimus,
maybe this screen capture can help you. You can send me a private message in French, it looks like you are and so am I. :)
Ah what a surprise another Frenchman :). Thank you for offering me your help. For the moment I can't send private messages.

Unfortunately the screenshot didn't help me to solve the problem.

I don't know if we can write in French on the post :D
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Now that is interesting. After importing your workflow, it looks like this for me:
imported.png
imported.png (9.45 KiB) Viewed 6051 times
I assume that you did not "delete" the Monitor Folder Processor before you exported the worfklow for us?
You might have discovered a bug, one that i already have seen once but no chance to reproduce the issue.

So, it is possible that for some reason, you can "see" the monitor folder processor on the userinterface but because of a bug, it is not actually stored in the workflow.json.
If that is so, when you close and re-open the ffastrans.exe, you see that the monitor folder proc is gone. Can you confirm this?
Also (and this is important!), please zip the contents of these 2 folders and upload it here:
\FFAStrans\Processors\db\configs\archive\workflows\%your_workflow_id%
\FFAStrans\Processors\db\configs\workflows
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

Question:
Are you running the program on your computer and is it located on your local disk? (I mean no fancy setup with services or anything?)

If it is, out of curiosity, what happens if you right click on the "H.264" node, choose "submit file to" and then you pick a file from somewhere in your local machine? Does it show up in the monitor?

As to the workflow, if you right click on the workflow name (top left) and you go to "properties":

can you please check that it's always active and that the sleep timer is low (like 5 seconds)?

Last but not least, can you put "*.*" as wildcard in the "Accept files" when you click on the watchfolder node?

This way it will pick up everything it discovers.

If it still doesn't work, can you try to re-create the workflow from scratch by manually copying and pasting the nodes you have already created and send it to us?

I mean, honestly, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work...
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Decimus,
Not recommended to write French on the forum, other users should be able to understand (this can also help them).
Anyway, same result than @emcodem after import your workflow, no monitor folder. Try what emcodem suggest you and we will see. You can check what francebb suggest too (they were faster than me to answer).
cheers.
Decimus Deno

Post by Decimus Deno »

emcodem wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:09 am Now that is interesting. After importing your workflow, it looks like this for me:

imported.png
I assume that you did not "delete" the Monitor Folder Processor before you exported the worfklow for us?
You might have discovered a bug, one that i already have seen once but no chance to reproduce the issue.

So, it is possible that for some reason, you can "see" the monitor folder processor on the userinterface but because of a bug, it is not actually stored in the workflow.json.
If that is so, when you close and re-open the ffastrans.exe, you see that the monitor folder proc is gone. Can you confirm this?
Also (and this is important!), please zip the contents of these 2 folders and upload it here:
\FFAStrans\Processors\db\configs\archive\workflows\%your_workflow_id%
\FFAStrans\Processors\db\configs\workflows
No i'm sorry it's just me. I have deleted them it's not a bug. I should have specified.
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Ok forget it.
Do you have all these files in your FFASTrans installation folder?
Specially the .exe files?
Attachments
folder.png
folder.png (34.25 KiB) Viewed 6019 times