deliver node

Here you can submit bugreports
Ghtais

deliver node

Post by Ghtais »

Hi guys

Today I have a very strange bug that appeared suddenly.
On about half on my workflow, FFstrans dosen"t deliver the transcoded file.
it seems that it jump the deliver node and continue until the end of the workflow.
If I clic submit file directly on the deliver node it works but if I start the workflow at the begining it dosen't.

I have tested to restart the machine, restart the service : nothing
Create a new workflow and copy paste nodes : nothing
Deliver on a NAS, on the desktop or on a shared workspace dosen't change anything.

Is there anybody have Any idea ?
thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: deliver node

Post by admin »

Hi Ghtais,

Can you please send logs from one of the jobs that had this problem?

-steinar
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hi Steinar

here is the log in attachement
thank you :)
Attachments
20211123-1859-1483-52b7-c2a864e66c3c.json
(219.59 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hi

little update :
I have tested to delete all files from the Processors\db\cache folder and restart the FFastrans service : Nothing change
I have tested to copy my workflow folder in an other machine with FFAstrans for a test and it works normally !
I thing that a file used by FFastrans was damaged but I'am struggling to find which one.

The only change I made before this problem occurred was to replace the cache hard drive (The drive where there is .ffastrans_work_root folder).

very very strange :geek:
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hi all

Ok guys, I found what is going wrong !!!
After a ton of tests, a few fresh install, I get it !! ... and I'am so happy :D
So, let me explain. it begins with this old tread : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=954
I had some issues with BMX and AVID due to files with same UMID and Emcodem gave me a new BMX build that he made for this purpose. It worked fine and I had no issues with it. After that, a new version of FFAstrans (1.2.1) came and I decided to upgrade. Of course I completely forget to replace the standard BMX build with the Emcodem one and sometimes the issue with AVID came back again but I didn't done the link in my head. I made a lot of research and test with no idea about what went wrong and last week I said to myself : Damn !! this is because the Emcodem build was deleted during the upgrade !!
So now you start to see what happen next .. I replaced the standard BMX build with Emcodem one and It gives me that famous deliver bug.

conclusion : Emcodem, my hero :D. I need you're help. There is a problem with your BMX build and the new version of FFAstrans (1.2.1 and later). I need your build because I make a lot of rewrapp and If two files is rewrapped in the same time, I have the same UMID and it gives corrupted files in AVID.
Your build works in a command line node, but If I use an encoder node with AVID project structure, It doesn't want to deliver files.

What do you think about that ?

@+
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Ghtais,

did you exchange the original ffastrans bmxtranswarp by my version?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hello Emcodem

sorry my english is not very good and perhaps my explanation doesn't make sens, sorry for that :(
The answerer is yes, I exchanged the original bmx with your version and it causes the bug with FFastrans ver 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. It works with earlier version of FFAstrans.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

No worries Ghtais, your english is as good as mine. It is just because i did read your message partly one day and the other part the other day. I just did not read again the question before posting my concern.

The difference is the bmxtranswrap parameter "--umid-type", this did not exist when i built this special bmx version.
I think you don't need to replace the original bmx by "my build" anymore but i am not 100% sure about it.
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

I need your build because it gives an original and unique UMID which is not the case with the one coming with FFastrans.
Now I use the original for node with avid project structure and your build for rewrapp in a command executor.
I think you should integrated your build directly in FFAstrans to avoid corrupted file in AVID.

Bye
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Ghtais wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:32 pm it gives an original and unique UMID which is not the case with the one coming with FFastrans.
If i am not wrong, this is exactly the reason why bmx added (and ffastrans uses) --umid-type uuid. See the last message in this topic:
https://sourceforge.net/p/bmxlib/discus ... #ae56/fb22

Are you sure the problem still exists when you are using the bmx that comes with ffastrans?