deliver node

Here you can submit bugreports
Ghtais

Re: deliver node

Post by Ghtais »

ok ok, I didn't use the --umid-type and I've just read that default is aafsdk. So it explain why I have problem with the build coming in standard with FFAStrans
thank you for showing me that ! Happy to learn everyday on this forum :)

Bye
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Oh la la :D
I guess you could now also get rid of the commandline rewrapping because the builtin one would suffice?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hi emcodem

I don't understand what you mean with the Builtin rewrapping. perhaps you want to speak about the "Transwrap when possible" parameters in the Encoder node ? I am not comfortable with this because it is missing some parameters and secondly because You cannot be sure 100% that it doesn't transcode instead of rewrapp :)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Oh really? What params are u missing?
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

When rewrapp to AVID (Op-Atom) I had very often Comment --comment, different tag for music for example (Authors, track name, etc) --tag and source import --import to add metada directly in my bin in AVID.
For Rewrapp to AS10 : shim name --shim-name, add metadata from text file --dm-file.
in general I use disable track function --disable-tracks when I don't want certain audio tracks for example :)

BMX is very useful, It's too bad that the development was finished, it misses all news codec like DnxHR, XAVC-L, Prores, etc ...

bye
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

I see, not sure if i would make sense to put that to the avid options @admin ?
The BMX project is very active and there are lots of guys contributing to it, not only the owners from the BBC. They are really open and willing to add any useful addition. The codecs you miss are just not of interest for BBC obviously at the current time, so you'd need to find some experienced developer who is able to implement what you like and submit a patch to the project. It is the beauty of open source, you can add whatever you like, one way or the other. The best thing the owners can do is to keep the project alive and apply useful additions. They spend their daytime working on the stuff that their employer tells them to do.