Proxyfiles from .m2ts originals get a weird start TC

Here you can submit bugreports
Christian BH

Proxyfiles from .m2ts originals get a weird start TC

Post by Christian BH »

Hi Forum.

I've been a Ffastrans user for quite some time, and absolutely love the software. The company I work for has been using Ffastrans for several years, without issues - mainly for creating proxy files for editing.

Recently we noticed that proxyfiles created from .m2ts originals get the following start TC: 00:00:01:01. This should be TC: 00:00:00:00.

This only happens with m2ts-files - nothing else...

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so - did you find a solution?

Edit - the issue exists in versions 1.2.0.0 and 1.2.2.0, I have not tested with other versions than those atm.

Best regards
Christian
emcodem

Re: Proxyfiles from .m2ts originals get a weird start TC

Post by emcodem »

Hi Christian,
welcome to the forum and well... thanks to your company for using FFAStrans :D
It would be good if you export and upload your workflow so we can easily reproduce the problem. If this is really source file related, it would be good to have a small source file example as well.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Christian BH

Post by Christian BH »

Hi emcodem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Due to GDPR and copyright issues I cannot share any source files I'm afraid. This is for broadcasting and hasn't been broadcasted yet.

I have attached our workflow to this post - some elements have been translated to Danish. If you need clarification just ask ;)

Thanks

Christian
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi Christian,
I think you forgot to join your workflow :) Give it to us, we're gonna see that.
;)
B.
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

For the records, if you need m2ts files to always start at 00:00:00.00 you can set the timecode manually with the populate variable so that you can save it in a variable and then you can set that variable in the encoding node in the timecode field. ;)
If you want other timecodes to be preserved and only change the ones from m2ts you can add a conditional too that triggers the populate variable only when the condition is true. :)
Christian BH

Post by Christian BH »

I attached a file, but it somehow didn't get attached anyway. Trying again now.

The workflow is setup to use the TC of the original, but this in general is changed by 1 sec. and 1 frame with m2ts-files as written earlier.
Attachments
Ingest.json
(18.97 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Last edited by Christian BH on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Sorry, the "board attachment quota" was reached, i just raised it.
Please try again and after uploading, hit the "Place inline" button near to the attachment to post a link to the file
Christian BH

Post by Christian BH »

emcodem wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:40 am Sorry, the "board attachment quota" was reached, i just raised it.
Please try again and after uploading, hit the "Place inline" button near to the attachment to post a link to the file
Worked now - thanks :)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hm works as expected for me, but in all testfiles that i have, there is actually some startc detected by mediainfo, maybe this is your problem actually.
Can you check if it is the same for you, like is the "Delay" value set in mediainfo in your input files?

Where would you acutally expect the "TC" to be taken from in your .ts files? Maybe it could help if you just add a workflow path for .ts files and reset the TC in this case?
Christian BH

Post by Christian BH »

I will check the files a.s.a.p emcodem and provide feedback.

Thanks for the help so far :)