[solved]Issue with Image Sequence monitor

Here you can submit bugreports
crispyjones

[solved]Issue with Image Sequence monitor

Post by crispyjones »

First let me make sure my usecase of the Image sequence monitor is correct. I dropped in .jpg files numbered 001.jpg to 039.jpg, set the framerate to 24. The workflow than hits a stock h264 encode node and then delivery. My expectation is that it will make a 24 fps animation from those jpg I put in the image sequence monitor folder.

What happens instead is that the workflow fails on 001.jpg with the error "Encoding: Option follow not found." I've tried an xdcam node and get the same error. Buried deep in the ffmpeg documentation I find this citation

Code: Select all

follow
If set to 1, the protocol will retry reading at the end of the file, allowing reading files that still are being written. In order for this to terminate, you either need to use the rw_timeout option, or use the interrupt callback (for API users).
So it is definitely a documented function and would seem to be the magic sauce to make the encode node buffer multiple images to make a video file.

Additionally the image sequence monitor seems to recurse subdirectories without asking, ie recurse box not checked.

As usual please let me know if I've missed something or misunderstood the purpose of this monitor.

Edit; running latest FFAStrans.exe 1.3.0.1
Last edited by crispyjones on Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Image Sequence monitor

Post by admin »

Hi crispyjones ,

You are of course 100% correct about both issues...they are bugs and will be corrected in the upcoming 1.3.0.2 release.
Thanks for reporting! :-)

-steinar
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Thanks Steinar! 👍
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Image sequence monitor behaves as expected in 1.3.0.2. Solved!