Two small bugs in Webinterface 1.3.0

Here you can submit bugreports
Silicon

Two small bugs in Webinterface 1.3.0

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
I'm testing FFAStrans 1.3.0.2 together with Webinterface 1.3.0.0 and I have noticed two small bugs:
- if you Enable STATIC_USE_WEB_AUTHENTIFICATION the new icon FARM_ADM disappears from left side toolbar for all users ... because there is no entry in Group Permissions list for it I presume,
- if you aply following filter expression FILTER_JOBSTATUS_BUTTO[Job Details], all buttons except "Job Details" button disapears from main page, but if you display "Job Details", the "Resumbit Job" button apperas again ... I belive that it is not what you've intended.
BR,
Silicon
emcodem

Re: Two small bugs in Webinterface 1.3.0

Post by emcodem »

Aye Silicon,

thanks a lot for the report, it is always satisfying to hear that users take it serious.
First one is already fixed and second one is a missing feature actually but of course you ask for it - you get it. My thinking was that a user who is actually allowed to look into the depths of a job will most likely also be granted to resubmit so i skipped the permissions inside the job viewer details page completely for now. But it is not a great deal and for consistency reasons at least it should be added.

Stay tuned, a few days and you'll get a new release that fixes yours and others issues.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem

I'm more then happy to help you improve your superb tool if I'm capable of 8-)
If I can suggest one more thing: it would be nice to see the status of each workflow in the left-side (expandable) Worklows list ( I mean Started / Enabled / Disabled statuses).
BR,

Silicon
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Silicon,

I could really need some help in verifying some basics, here is the next release but i didnt do too much overall testing on it.
https://github.com/emcodem/ffastrans_we ... ag/1.3.0.1

Regarding displaying the Watchfolder states (enabled/started/stopped...) in the workflow filter on job viewer page... again i consulted the guys internally and the result is not 100% on your side:
The reason why i currently do not show the state of workflows is that the state is an information mainly for the administrator of ffastrans. Also it is a watchfolder only related information, it has nothing to do with the workflow as such. For example workflows that are utilized via WebUI or other API submits are usually not started at all but yet they are active.

Now, i thought whats a good way to still fulfill your wish but i cannot decide whats a nice solution. Basically we need some setting/option that turns the watchfolder state display on or off. But is it something a single user can decide or is it someting the admin decides globally or based on filters? (Filters might be over engineered).

On a sidenote, i dislike the fact that workflows and watchfolders are coulpled at the moment. Basically i would expect a system like ffastrans to decouple the folder watching from the workflow and present a nice list with all watchfolders for easy administration. The way it is now, it is kind of impossible to manage a huge amount of watchfolders. Sure this was discussed internally in depth but the way it is currently will not be changed in near future at least - if ever.
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
Thanks for the fix. I hope I'll be able to test it soon.
As for the Watchfolder states ... it was just an idea. It's not that important that you devote your precious time to it ;)
BR,
Silicon
--------
FFAStrans 1.3.0.2; WebInterface 1.3.0.0
Manager: VM: 2x Xeon E5-2630v3@2.4GHz, 8GB RAM
Workers: 3x HP DL360 G9 (2x Xeon E5-2643v3@3.4GHz,16GB RAM, nVidia M2000)+ 2x Lenovo SR665 (2x AMD EPYC730216C@3.0GHz,128GB RAM, nVidia P2200)
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
I've tested the fix and I can confirm, that both issues, I've reported, are fixed.
Thank you indeed.
BR,
Silicon
--------
Workers: 3x HP DL360 G9 (2x Xeon E5-2643v3@3.4GHz,16GB RAM, nVidia M2000)+ 2x Lenovo SR665 (2x AMD EPYC730216C@3.0GHz,128GB RAM, nVidia P2200)
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
It seems that new version of Webinterface has got history limit 20000 jobs or 20000 lines in "C:\FFAStrans\Webinterface\database\jobs" file.
Could you pls confirm.
BR,
Silicon
--------
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

OK sorry today was a little bit too messed up to test out if everything really works as it should.
First, there was a change in "when" history jobs are being cleaned up recently, so there is a good potential for errors as with every change.
Seconds, some history on "history" jobs:
1) initially, deleting jobs from the internal webinterface db was initiated by the action of "opening the jobview", so whenever you opened the jobviewer, the db was automatically cleaned to a fixed value of 20.000 jobs which i found to be performing enough when testing masses of jobs.
2) on the active jobpage, you initially only see a fixed value of 250 jobs, which again i found to be most performing. Only when searching/filtering, the displayed amount of history jobs will increase up to 1000 search results.
3) in later versions, i introduced on the admin page a max_history_jobs value that allowed you to alter the 20k limit but not anything else
4) in the last version, i changed the auto deletion being kicked off periodically every few seconds instead of "when opening the userinterface". The reason for that was of course that i feared that some installations might run for a very long time without anyone opening the userinterface and bloat memory for no good reason.

As it is now, you should be able to influence the 20k record in admin settings and after a few seconds, you should see the success+error jobcount decreasing accordingly (if you decreased the value of course).

Future plans would be to add page numbers which enables you to just browse to a specific day without using the search. Honestly i would like to display 100k+ jobs on one page because i find it easier to use personally but this would need many GB RAM on the client side which is just not guranteed to be there, thats maybe the reason why everyone makes it a paged view when it comes to many results.

Why you ask? :D
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
Sorry for late replay - I was on holidays.
The reason of my question is, that when my FFAStrans has reached this 20k limit, new jobs were not added to the history :-(
In other words on June 17th later afternoon the last job shown in history was like 4 hours old and newly processed jobs were not "falling down" from Running to Finished.
BR,
BR,
Silicon
--------
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Silicon,

thanks for the DB you provided in a PM but i am sorry to say that i still cannot reproduce the issue you describe.
Are you sure there is no sorting/filter on the ui influencing? well basically the sorting should be "by job start" always by default when you load the page in the latest version, so that might not be the problem.
I am not sure what to ask you in order to come forward with this problem... maybe you can submit a file with a special filename and after it finished (but you do not see it on top of jobs), try to search/filter for the file and tell me if you find it.
Also, it will be interesting if you see the newest missing jobs in the ffastrans api call for history jobs
http://localhost:65445/api/v2/history/? ... &count=250