Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Webinterface

Post by emcodem »

@failsafe5000

Congrats on getting it working!
In a farm it is advised to use full unc paths and install as a service. Running from a mapped network drive in a farm is disregarded because mapped drive letters can only be accessed when a user is actually logged in to windows.
Anyway, no matter how you twist and turn it, all farm members are required to access ffastrans.exe from the exact same path, in your case R:\ or something in other cases \\server\share\

Have fun!
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hello. I want to run a scheduled workflow every 5 minutes, but I don't want it showing up in my status monitor logs or web interface status logs. Reason being I have other tasks that run much less often, and I'd prefer to see them without it being clogged up with a new log entry every 5 minutes.

My particular workflow is to essentially to access or GET a pushmon.com address to monitor uptime. I'd only want an entry in my log file if it failed, but if it succeeds I'd prefer if it didn't show up at all. Is this possible to achieve? Currently I'm using Windows Task Scheduler or other similar programs, but having FFAStrans do it I think would be great.

I'm aware that you can filter the log files based on a certain workflow. That does at least help a bit.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hi Ben!

There are 2 ways to delete a job (or actually a branch) completely when it finsihed.
1) populate vars: just set %s_source% to nothing
2) conditional: dispel checkbox. If you go this way, you can just check if 0 = 1, and as the result is always false, the effects will be the same as with option 1): the job's working dir and log dir will be removed and also it will be removed from history

Also, in case the job runs into error, both options above would not be executed because you only insert them on "success" path, so if there is an error you still have the logs and job history entry.

I should probably add this to the comments in webinterface scheduled job section because of course everyone needs that when executing a job in high frequency.
lemme know if it works!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Excellent! I tried both methods and they both worked great. I also tried conditional if night = day and that worked as well ;)
Thanks for the help.
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

@Ben you should probably check the working directory associated with that workflow and see if it is saving jobs. I used this technique to silence a pesky branch in one of my workflows and found that even though the workflow was configured *not* to save work folders it did so anyway. Read the brief discussion here. Interested to see if this is happening to you too or it was some strange way I implemented it.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@crispyjones
oh i thought steinar already fixed that but i didnt check to be honest. Anyway Ben would probably not notice the existence of lots of work folders if there is no encoding done in the workflow...
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

I just checked on 1.3.0.2 and this behavior remains, all work files are saved without asking. And for @Ben, yes, it sounds like a REST workflow with some very small associated files. In my case after one too many 6 hour town council meetings my hard drive filled up.
Ben

Post by Ben »

@crispyjones if I uncheck both keep jobs on completion and keep only failed jobs then nothing gets added to my work folder.
I just have a HTTP communicate then Conditional.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Anyone who has time and muse, please check out the upcoming release and tell me all bugs you find :D
https://github.com/emcodem/ffastrans_we ... ag/1.3.0.1
dkoos

Post by dkoos »

Hi,

I have an issue with the webinterface which suddenly occurred and I cannot figure out why. I always get an error in the filebrowser when calling Mediainfo (ERROR getting mediainfo for ...). This only happens for files which are on our Network share and I am using UNC paths only. When I call files which are located on the Server FFastrans is running on I get the mediainfo response. I tried it with the:
FFAStrans 1.3.0.2
and webinterface 1.3.0.1
It is the same if I run it as service or start the server.exe. The service account has access to the share so should not be the issue.
Attached also some logs from server.exe. First call is from a local file and the last one is from the Networkshare which does get a response.
I tried the same via http://127.0.0.1:3003/docs#/default/get_mediainfo with the same result working for local files but not on the Networkshare.
Maybe you have some idea what would be causing this.

Thank you
David
Attachments
api.PNG
api.PNG (328.2 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
ffastrans.log
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 112 times