SOLVED in 1.2--youtube config file question

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
crispyjones

SOLVED in 1.2--youtube config file question

Post by crispyjones »

Question regarding the youtube block. Currently I am using no config file and I have selected video+audio quality as 1080. I know this block acts as a front-end for youtube-dl.exe. Recently I have run into problems where someone will drop in a playlist URL and this seems to stall and then fail. I see that there is a youtube-dl command switch "--no-playlist; Download only the video, if the URL refers to a video and a playlist". My question is if I create a config file will that override the audio+video 1080 selection I've made in the block? In truth the only reason I added 1080 was because I didn't want youtube-dl to download anything higher than that (2k/4k) and waste the time/bandwidth.

Opinions on how to accomplish my --no-playlist and 1080 or lower wish??
Last edited by crispyjones on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emcodem

Re: youtube config file question

Post by emcodem »

Hey crispyjones,
i see you seem to be aware about the used tool youtube-dl. This is also where the answer lies. What ffastrans code does is to just apply the parameter to your config additionally to all other paramters --config-location XXX
So from ffastrans perspective, just providing the config should not override any other settings of the processor.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Thanks @emcodem. A follow up question, how does the youtube block behave if the video isn't available in 1080?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Sure, no problem.
If my interpretation is correctly, n case the list of available formats does not contain the required quality, the default value "bestvideo" is applied. Additional info, the -f parameter is set to the youtube command in any case.
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

For anyone who is interested. Adding a youtube config file with a --no-playlist line fixed my issues with youtube urls that started with "https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list="
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

As of version 1.2.0 the --no-playlist option is now sent by default in the YouTube processor. If you've upgraded to 1.2 and the only line in your youtube.conf file is --no-playlist you can delete it and remove the config file option from the processor.
emcodem

Re: SOLVED in 1.2--youtube config file question

Post by emcodem »

Mr jones, good to hear from you!
Actually the stuff was just added thanks to @taner: https://ffastrans.com/frm/forum/viewtop ... f=4&t=1195

The thing for him was just, that his playlist was containing like 2500 videos, this made the whole problem more obvious.
We love feedback, no matter if positive or negative :D
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Hah, who makes a playlist with 2500 videos? Just wanted to update this topic so anybody searching would have the latest info. I love the new UI for the website, it's a great new look BTW.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

crispyjones wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:47 pm Hah, who makes a playlist with 2500 videos?
Some influencer posting news about his sunday morning? :lol: