File_owner plugin

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
LCA

File_owner plugin

Post by LCA »

Hello,

I´m using FFastrans in a local network within a Windows Domain. All users have their e-mail associated. I intend to use file_owner plugin to detect the user and send an e-mail to user@MYDOMAIN.
I´ve installed the plugin in the current version 1.2.1 of FFastrans and I´m getting some errors.
Is it possible to be an compatibility with the new version?
I´ve got an error message number: 80020101 when doble clicked the object to set the variable.

Is ther someone using the file_owner plugin?

Best regards.
emcodem

Re: File_owner plugin

Post by emcodem »

Hey LCA,

yeah someone is definitely using it :D
I cannot reproduce the problem, so it happens when you open the variable chooser and doubleclick some variable there, is that correct? If so, can you tell me where the cursor was before you opened the variable editor, did you click into the text field`?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
LCA

Post by LCA »

Hi Encodem,

When I click over plugin Name, I get the error. The window says COM ERROR:
Description:
Windescription:
Number is: 80020101
Lastdllerror is: 0
Scriptline is: -1
HelpContext is:

If I click twice over the OK button, I receive a new Window which describes the plugin and there´s a field for choosing the user variable, but I can´t select.

That´s it.
Any ideas?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

ok, this is pretty strange, anyway it should be some environment related, so something special about your windows/settings....
It would be good if i had some infos:

1) which windows version are you running
2) are you in a domain/ controlled IT environment or is it just a normal windows installation
3) could you please try another plugin processor and see if it behaves the same
LCA

Post by LCA »

Ok. This machine runs Windows2012R2. It runs in a domain controlled IT environment. The operating system was installed last week. All patches applied.
I´ve tried other plugins but the symptons are the same. Same error Window.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

I somehow feel that this be somehow connected to internet explorer, unfortunately we are bound to use IE as embedded browser.
Could you try to disable IE ESC for start please?

https://help.hcltechsw.com/appscan/Ente ... 008r2.html
LCA

Post by LCA »

Hi Emcodem,

I did the configuration and there´s no error windows anymore. Superb!

When I double-clicked file owner processor, now, it opens a windows with a field to complete with the variable. I´ve created a new variable owner, which was named %s_owner%.
I´ve inserted a send email processor and filled the TO variable with %s_owner%@mydomain. But when I try Job Details the TO variable is Administrators@mysdomain.

What did I do wrong?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Nice!

I guess if "Administrators" is the file owner, you are checking a file that resides on a local harddisk.
File owner stuff works best for files that have been written from a domain user onto some central NAS Storage. Typically the ownership is set to the credentials of the logged in user who "created" the file in the folder on a NAS. But i am not sure what exactly is needed to create a file in a folder in a way that the local group "Administrators" is being set as the file owner.
LCA

Post by LCA »

Hi Emcodem,

This was my first mistake, but I realized that when I checked the file.
After, I created some files on a network folder using my desktop and all tests ran smoothly.
Thanks for the patience and help.
This software is really fantastic!
Best regards