FTP over TLS

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
VirtuWeb

FTP over TLS

Post by VirtuWeb »

Is it possible to have the FTP processor to connect via FTP over TLS? I cannot seem to find anywhere to set the option if it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you help.
emcodem

Re: FTP over TLS

Post by emcodem »

Morning VirtuWeb,

unfortunately this is not (yet) possible. If it is about delivering instead of watching the ftp site, i can help you out with a commandline tough.
So, are we talking about getting files from ftp or delivering files to ftp?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
VirtuWeb

Post by VirtuWeb »

I need to deliver files to an FTP that will only accept connections via TLS. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Thats easy then, download and install winscp (should work portable too), use the winscp userinterface once to connect to the ftp with tls, it will ask you to accept the certificate - once you accepted it, the cert is stored for the currently logged in user. After you accepted the cert, you can use this code in a commandline processor (change user:user to your username:password - and of course chang localhost:21 to your servername:port):

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.com"  /command "open ftps://user:user@localhost:21 -explicittls"  "put "%s_source%" /" "exit" /log=c:\temp\log.log  
You can remove the -explicittls in case your server wants implicit.
In case you run ffastrans as a background service, you must log in to windows as the username that the service is set to use for accepting the certificate.
If you have problems, please send c:\temp\winscp_log.log. When it works, for production, you can remove the parameter /log=c:\temp\winscp_log.log - it would generate an ever growing log file.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
VirtuWeb

Post by VirtuWeb »

Awesome! Thanks so much I'll make the changes on Friday or Monday and let you know.