FFmpeg to MXF Op-Atom

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
andrezagato

FFmpeg to MXF Op-Atom

Post by andrezagato »

Hello,
I've searched through the forum for this but didn't find and specify answer.

I have several ProRes .mov - FullHD, 29,970 FPS 422 and I need to transcode it to XDCAM MXF Op-ATOM.
Using a simple XDCAM encoder with Avid File structure enabled I get the desired file. But when I open in Davinci, it show that the encoded file is DF while the original it shows NDF. You can see in the image below, the .mov file (original) shows the TC with " : " and in the FPS column as 29.970, where the .mxf file (converted) shows the TC separated with " ; " and the FPS is 29.970 DF.
ndf - df.PNG
ndf - df.PNG (63.42 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
I've tried a lot of different ways to encode, but with the same outcome. Then I tried using custom FFMPEG with this setttings :

Code: Select all

-c:v mpeg2video -r 29.970 -pix_fmt yuv422p -aspect 16:9 -intra_vlc 1 -b:v 50000000 -minrate 50000000 -maxrate 50000000 -bufsize 17825792 -rc_init_occupancy 17825792 -bf 2 -non_linear_quant 1 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -seq_disp_ext 1 -video_format component -color_range 1 -chroma_sample_location topleft -signal_standard 4 -dc 8 -qmin 3 -qmax 28 -g 12 -field_order tt -top 1 -flags +ildct+ilme -alternate_scan 1 -c:a pcm_s24le -ar:a 48000
It worked partially, I managed to get Davinci to recognize with the correct framerate, but it is a MXF OP-1a file. Is it possible to use the custom FFMpeg node to create a MXF OP-Atom? Or maybe get the XDCAM Encode Node to output the framerate I want?
emcodem

Re: FFmpeg to MXF Op-Atom

Post by emcodem »

Hey andrezagato!

I believe you found a bug in the filterbuider component of ffastrans, let's see what @admin has to say about it.

Meanwhile this should get you settled, it is what ffastrans when you check "avid project structure" in the xdcamhd processor internally, after it used ffmpeg to encode to an OP1A file:

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c ""C:\temp\ffastrans1.2.2\FFAStrans1.2.2\processors\mxf_tools\bmxtranswrap.exe" -p -t avid --umid-type uuid --project "PROJECTNAME" --clip "CLIPNAME" --tape "TAPENAME" -o "c:\temp\outputfolder" "%s_source%" "
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
andrezagato

Post by andrezagato »

Hello Emcodem, thansk for the answer.
I didn't manage to make it work properly
My nodes are:
Folder -> Encoders Custom FFMPEG -> command executor -> Delivery Folder

Inside the command executor I've changed the Ffastrans folder to the actual folder. And the output folder. The command is exaclty like this:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c ""C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\FFAStrans1.2.2\processors\mxf_tools\bmxtranswrap.exe" -p -t avid --umid-type uuid --project "PROJECTNAME" --clip "CLIPNAME" --tape "TAPENAME" -o "R:\ZAGATO\FFASRANS_OUT" "%s_source%" "
It does work, I can see it going through the Command Excutor node, the result is "Sucess" but the output file is still a MXF OP-1a.

I can't see what I have been missing.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey, sorry for the late reply.
So when the cmd processor executed the command you wrote, the OP-Atom files should be in R:\ZAGATO\FFASRANS_OUT
Basically there is no need to insert any deliver processor because you can just put the final target directory in the "-o" command.

In case you still want to use the deliver processor for some reason, you'd have to check the "set s_source" checkbox in the cmd executor and insert the same folder that you instructed it to wrap the files to (-o paramter again).
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
andrezagato

Post by andrezagato »

Hello Emcodem,

I just want to let you know that it worked! Thank you so much for the help!