Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Webinterface

Post by emcodem »

Hey crispy, always good to hear from you!
crispyjones wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 am I added a branch ..
This results in the webui having two lines for the same workflow.
Uhm it should show only one line and only when you click >, you see the branches but i think that is what you mean because of the next sentence...
crispyjones wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 am so now all my jobs show they only take a few seconds to complete unless I drill down in each result.
Thats a VERY valid point. i'll need to update the "parent" on the webui to show the maximum duration of all subs. Currently it is like the parent branch is the one that finished first, i am not very happy with this all because of error reporting, duration and such. I'll probably enhance this generally at some point in time.
crispyjones wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 am I know I could put these two nodes in series in the main success branch but I don't want them to disrupt the whole workflow if they fail for some reason. Is there some way to end a workflow branch with something like a /dev/null so its success/fail doesn't get reported at all?
There are 2 ways to do that: Conditional node with "dispel" checked or populate processor that sets %s_source% to nothing.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Setting the %s_source% to nothing did exactly what I wanted. Thanks @emcodem!
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

emcodem wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:52 pm OK i remember that particular piece of code very well... i was thinking: "do i need to make the effort and support timezones with half hours - nahhh how big is the chance that a ffastrans user lives in such a timezone". Looks like i was wrong hehe, i should have looked up timezones so i see that india and australia would be affected at least.

Can you please try this? And please have a look if the time is displayed correctly, i was not 100% sure if i need to put :50 or :30 to my time parsing function "moment".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWrvEq ... sp=sharing
Hi emcodem,

I just found out that date-time is shown correctly for active/queued jobs, but the completed jobs part is completely empty :shock:

Just for sure I tried with the latest API 1.2.2.1 and Web 1.2.0.4.

Can you please shoot some idea what could be wrong?

Also 2 points:
1. is there a bug with newest REST and Webinterface? Cause it looks there is some issue to load tickets via localhost:3003/tickets = showing {"description":{"errno":-4058,"code":"ENOENT","syscall":"scandir","path":"C:\\FFAStrans\\Processors\\db\\cache\\wfs"}} and this folder no longer exists....

2. when I send 1000 requests to the API, in few seconds the webinterface (3003:/tickets) reports only this {"tickets":{"queued":[],"incoming":[]}}
After restarting the webinterface service it shows again all the information.

Many thanks,
mrazik
FFAStrans 1.2.2
Webinterface 1.2.0.4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.5GHz
8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K620
256GB SSD
1GB NIC
Windows 10 Pro 64b
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

mrazik wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:11 am I just found out that date-time is shown correctly for active/queued jobs, but the completed jobs part is completely empty :shock:

Just for sure I tried with the latest API 1.2.2.1 and Web 1.2.0.4.

Can you please shoot some idea what could be wrong?
Hey @mrazik, sorry for the late reply.
i don't think you can be doing anything wrong here... i will test everything with a :30 timezone and get back to you.
mrazik wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:11 am 1. is there a bug with newest REST and Webinterface? Cause it looks there is some issue to load tickets via localhost:3003/tickets = showing {"description":{"errno":-4058,"code":"ENOENT","syscall":"scandir","path":"C:\\FFAStrans\\Processors\\db\\cache\\wfs"}} and this folder no longer exists....
thats fixed in a newer version but i dont yet have released it :D
mrazik wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:11 am 2. when I send 1000 requests to the API, in few seconds the webinterface (3003:/tickets) reports only this {"tickets":{"queued":[],"incoming":[]}}
After restarting the webinterface service it shows again all the information.
1000 requests in what time? did you do performance tests here or is it more like one call every 5 seconds or such?

Many thanks,
mrazik
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Hi emcodem,

perfect thank you. The :30 timezone is a pain in the arse.....

Cool, I'll keep checking new releases then 8-)

All 100 jobs are actually posted in very short of time (one by one :D). I tested it and it looks that around 200 sent jobs the :3003 is showing empty tickets in :3003.

Many thanks,
mrazik
FFAStrans 1.2.2
Webinterface 1.2.0.4
8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K620
256GB SSD
1GB NIC
Windows 10 Pro 64b
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Hi emcodem,

just an update after tests with new FFAStrans v1.3

there is still issue with no information of running jobs via URL http://localhost:3003/tickets
{"tickets":{"queued":[],"incoming":[]}}

mrazik
FFAStrans 1.2.2
Webinterface 1.2.0.4
8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K620
256GB SSD
1GB NIC
Windows 10 Pro 64b
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @mrazik,

just uploaded the latest release and corrected the links on homepage and first post of this thread.
Pls give it a try

https://github.com/emcodem/ffastrans_we ... ag/1.3.0.0
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

Hi,

Having an issue with a new farm setup and accessing job details through the webinterface.

Running latest versions of both, farm setup is working as expected, with 4 computers sharing the work, while one computer hosts the FFAStrans program and is the one running the Webinterface. Webinterface shows all of the jobs correctly, but trying to view any of the job details, shows the error seen in the picture attached.

Any ideas on the cause and a fix?

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.28 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@failsafe5000

The log viewing is done by direct file access instead of using the ffastrans API. If your ffastrans files are on a NAS, you'd need to give the webinterface service credentials that can access that NAS as well.
For debugging, you can stop the webint service and start server.exe by just doubleclick it. You will then see corresponding error messages in the commandline window when trying to open a log. If it works when you start server.exe manually but not as service, you just need to alter the credentials of the webint windows service.
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

emcodem wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:02 am @failsafe5000

The log viewing is done by direct file access instead of using the ffastrans API. If your ffastrans files are on a NAS, you'd need to give the webinterface service credentials that can access that NAS as well.
For debugging, you can stop the webint service and start server.exe by just doubleclick it. You will then see corresponding error messages in the commandline window when trying to open a log. If it works when you start server.exe manually but not as service, you just need to alter the credentials of the webint windows service.
Hi,

So got it to work. It wasn't a permission issue, but a weird issue with how the Farms and the Main computer (where the FFASTrans install and webinterface are running) were loading FFAStrans.

Basically the main computer had everything inside of a FFASTrans folder, with that folder shared, then the farms had that folder mapped directly. Initially looking at the error messages, showed the webinterface trying to load the X drive for job details (the drive letter I had used on the farms), and it was looking for the Processors folder right after the drive letter. So to fix the issue, on the main computer I created a new drive, gave it the letter F, and moved the FFASTrans and Webinterface install to the top level of that drive. Then changed the Farms network drive letters to F as well. After doing that, everything is now working.