Email notification if workflow fails

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
Ben

Email notification if workflow fails

Post by Ben »

Hello. Perhaps this is already possible and I can't see it, but I'd love to have a feature where I can get sent an email if a workflow doesn't result in 'Success'.
I recently got an error with one of my workflows after it had been working fine other times. Probably the reason was because the computer did a restart to do a Windows update. I've now disabled it from doing that. But it would be reassuring knowing that if any of the workflows ever run into an issue that'd I'd be automatically notified.

Thanks!
emcodem

Re: Email notification if workflow fails

Post by emcodem »

Hey Ben,

there is a send email processor built in, you just have to configure a mail server in system configuration.
Have you overlooked this one or don't you know how to use it your workflow's error path?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hey emcodem.

Yes I've succesfully used the send email processor. I just didn't know how to make an error path. I should have checked the wiki more deeply. I found this in the wiki which helped me to get it working: http://www.ffastrans.com/wiki/doku.php? ... r_handling

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Shall I delete this forum topic since it's already a feature?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Great, congrats!
Ah, no need to delete or move any posts :-)
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?