Folder Monitor | Also accept certain folder(s)

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
dklooker

Folder Monitor | Also accept certain folder(s)

Post by dklooker »

Hi,

It woud be great that the folder monitor, besides denying folders also accepts certain folders. That way it lets me deny less folders. In mijn specific case i am picking up specific txt files across a server in specific folders. And a txt file is not so specific...and it Will pick-up to many wrong txt files.

Thanks for the great work you are doing.

David
emcodem

Re: Folder Monitor | Also accept certain folder(s)

Post by emcodem »

Hey David

I second this feature request. It is not an easy topic tough, e.g. would you expect a source that matches both, the include AND the exclude filter to be included or excluded? All stuff i did in the past that was similar was more like there is an "include" filter and an "ignore" filter. We first wee if it matches the ignore filter and only if it is not ignored, we check if it matches the include filter.

What you can meanwhile do in order to workaround is to have a conditional node directly after your monitor processor that executes the exclude check. then you connect one populate processor and set it to execute "on error" - AND set the populate proc to set the %s_source% variable to "" (nothing). This way, the affected jobs will be erased everywhere, from monitor, logs and work dir. So you see them only for 3 seconds on the monitors.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Monitor | Also accept certain folder(s)

Post by admin »

Hi David,

The request makes sense and we'll take a look at it to find a good implementation.

-steinar