Folder settings inheritance

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
racpo

Folder settings inheritance

Post by racpo »

Hi FFAStrans Team,

I would like to start by saying that FFAStrans is fantastic. Very professional APP.

I have a suggestion that I think would be interesting.

My team has recently built a centralized farm where the workflows are separated by area. Each area has its own resources and a folder in the Workflow Manager. As the number of workflows grows, if we need to add or remove hosts in the farming settings, that currently needs to be done individually.

That would be nice to be able to add settings to the folder itself and have the option in the workflows to inherit folder settings (like farming). That way it would be possible to add and remove hosts, for example, and that would be reflected in all workflows that have the folder inheritance enabled.

Adding to that, the below (Folder inside a folder) would be interesting as well.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1084&p=5225&hilit=f ... side#p5208

Many thanks,
Raul
emcodem

Re: Folder settings inheritance

Post by emcodem »

Hey racpo,
welcome to the forum and thank you for using FFAStrans!

Besides this is something that @admin should read (who is currently absent), i shall point out how this can be done today:
You can write a little script/gui that allows selecting multiple workflows by reading/displaying all workflow.json files in \db\configs\workflows and set the include/exclude hosts array accordingly.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?