1.2 | Release Date

This forum is for user and admin news. Also I encourage users to share their story on how they benefit from and utilize FFAStrans.
taner

1.2 | Release Date

Post by taner »

Hi Admin-Team,

Just wanted to ask if there is a final release date for version (I assume) 1.2.
Not because I'm not satisfied with the current version I use.
But because unwrapping a new FFAStrans-release is always like Xmas :)
Thanks for you continous efforts guys!

Best
Taner
admin
Site Admin

Re: 1.2 | Release Date

Post by admin »

Hi Taner,

I'm very happy you enjoy the FFAStrans updates :-)

I'm also a bit sorry to say that the current release 1.1 has too many issues and bugs we could not live with. This led to a massive bug digging that has been going on for a few months now. Also, we have begun the long overdue work on creating automated tests that is run whenever we have changed something in order to prevent changes breaking something. The sum of this has led to many important issues resolved and with a stability and reliability that is (hopefully) much better than any other releases. But we're not rushing it until we're satisfied with all things we want to fix. Mind you, we're getting very close and hopefully we can have a release ready by February.

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Taner,
As the boss said, a, new version will be here soon. But maybe there will be other surprises... :roll: We are doing everything to make it true ;)
Cheers.
B.
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

Yeah... GrandMaster Steinar definitely has quality and stability at heart.
You have no idea how long we've been working on 1.2 but it's definitely gonna bring lots of improvements in many different fields.
Many bugs have been addressed, even those nobody ever reported (ehehe), also thanks to the automated series of tests performed by emcodem and Steinar along with those "pragmatic ones" performed by me and momocampo.
About the level of stability, we've been using it at Sky on all our server and it's stable, so believe me, it's gonna be one of the most stable version ever released. :)
Oh and, spoiler alert, there's gonna be a surprise for HDR along with many other things like inverse telecine (I can't spoil any further otherwise it's not gonna be a surprise anymore)... :)
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

Hi guys

I want to say thank and congratulate you for your amazing work. I can't wait for next release
I run 1.1 for 2 month now and I didn't have any stability issue.
I ran 0.9 during 2 years without any crash or service interruption which is an amazing performance (running 24/24, 7/7 in my office).

Keep it up !
taner

Post by taner »

Great !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you Ghtais for that short inspiring report! :-) Unfortunately not everyone is that lucky and we have now been working very hard to address all issues we can find and do something about. This has actually been the top focus for 1.2, not loads of fancy features. Still, we do have some gems up our sleeve ;-)

-steinar
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

Thank you all for you hard work!!!!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Current ETA for 1.2 release: Sunday 21. - Monday, 22. Feb
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

emcodem wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm Current ETA for 1.2 release: Sunday 21. - Monday, 22. Feb
Nice!