FFAStrans saved our day!

This forum is for user and admin news. Also I encourage users to share their story on how they benefit from and utilize FFAStrans.
silverline

FFAStrans saved our day!

Post by silverline »

Hi Steinar,

I posted a few questions here and there in the forum, but as there was suddenly that much work to do I am a bit sorry to not ever thanked for the support (and the software) - well:
just wanted to thank for this software for it made things possible for us that weren't possible without it.
I'm working in a very (very) small TV channel and we are just in the process of stepping up to HD format beside doing the daily stuff to keep the channel playing and creating the necessary content. Basically all the technical & video stuff is done by 2 people... of which one is me.
So now we have to re-encode all our content to HD - hundreds of movies, partly subtitled from different sources.
To do this manually would have taken us a lot of time we don't have, but now FFAStrans does the main job. Really great!
It was a bit of work to get into FFAStrans and especially ffmpeg (half a year ago I hardly heard of it), for we use lots of user defined commands, but after all we can now transcode about 90-95% of our content throught FFAStrans workflows. This includes optional subtitling (burned in), stereo downmix, semi-automatic de-muxing of complex video assets, re-muxing, moving files around the network, NVENC encoding & also basic checking of transcoded files for certain media properties (framerate, bitrate, audio channels...).

A few months ago I was looking for a possibility to create user defined workflows for transcoding - sometimes you only have a feeling that this has to exist as you cannot be the first one to think about this. And I found FFAStrans! .... OK. I will stop here before it gets too cheesy ;)
In one word: thanksalot

Normann

-> keep up the great work... and I am curious about the text-file input options in the next version (can't wait to have it) - I could use this for timecode input.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FFAStrans saved our day!

Post by admin »

Thank you for the very nice feedback and user story, Normann :-) It really makes my day!

The next version takes a bit longer than expected but hopefully it will give you much needed features.

-steinar
silverline

Re: FFAStrans saved our day!

Post by silverline »

wish you a nice Christmas & a good start into the new year.