Rotation

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
taner

Rotation

Post by taner »

Hello Admin-Team,

May it possible to have a processor respectively option within a processor where the rotation-factor can be set manually?

Best
Taner
emcodem

Re: Rotation

Post by emcodem »

Hey taner,
i guess you are not yet aware about avisynth and how to load plugins and such, right? If so, i guess you did not yet understand the full potential of ffastrans :-) Steinar did a very good job in providing a limited but very useful number of preinstalled presets but from my perspective he did even a better job opening up and allowing to add avisynth plugins and ffmpeg lines as one desires. There are so many useful and perfectly calibrated avisynth plugins out there which you can use in a pretty simple fashion in your workflow.

So the most direct answer would be like that:

1) download the rotate plugin (hit the "Plugin" link on the right) http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_f ... erspective
2) extract the files in the zip to c:\___FULL_PATH_TO_YOUR___\FFAStrans\Processors\avs_plugins\Rotate
3) insert A/V decoder, then insert custom avs script processor and connect them (after that, an encoder and delivery could be useful)
4) code for your custom avs script with 90 degree rotation:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("C:\___FULL_PATH_TO_YOUR___\FFAStrans\Processors\avs_plugins\Rotate\Rotate.dll")
m_clip = converttorgb32(m_clip)
 m_clip = rotate(m_clip,90)
Return m_clip
5) dont forget to change the settings of your workflow to "force 32bit dependencies" in workflow properties -> special section
6) let me know if it works :-)
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
taner

Post by taner »

Hi emcodem,

Thanks for response.
I‘ve tried out tons of avisynth-plugins in the past but somehow I missed the rotate-plugin.
Shame on me.
Thanks for the link and the detailed answer!
taner

Post by taner »

It works, thanks!
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

@emcodem... that's exactly right!

As a quick side note, though, what the Wiki is referring to is the old Fizick version 1.3.4 from 2013 which was indeed working with RGB32 and YV12 only and the Wiki is wrongly reporting the the old link, however there's a more recent version from 2016 (version 1.5) which added all planar color space support as long as they're 8bit planar.
The latest version is this one: http://avisynth.org.ru/rotate/rotate15.zip

yv12, yv16, yv24 8bit planar and RGB32 are all supported.
YUY2 isn't but it shouldn't really be used nowadays.

I'm gonna fix the wiki now. Thanks for reporting that, though, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. :)

p.s the x64 version hasn't been compiled for version 1.5, however if you're interested in RGB32 only, there's version 1.3.4 x64 here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjhyh33gx ... 8.zip/file
taner

Post by taner »

@FrancesBB: thanks for the links!