Filenames produced by the "Stills" Encoder

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
amdx

Filenames produced by the "Stills" Encoder

Post by amdx »

Hi,
first of all, thank you again for Ffastrans, I find myself opening it just to see what else I can do with it.

Since I often work with frame sequences (both as input or output), I have 2 questions about the "Stills" node.

The first one is about file names. I have noticed that the naming convention of individual frames output by the "Stills" node followed by the "folder" node seems to be: "filename_framenumber.ext".
I needed the name to be "filename.framenumber.ext", so I ran a python script after the "folder" node to replace the "_" splitter with ".".
Was there an easier way to do so in the folder node?

The second question is about frame numbers. If I place the "Stills" node after a trim operation, the first frame number of the image sequence is still going to be 0, even if the trimmed sequence starts at another frame. Again, I ran a python script to rename the sequence after the "folder" node, but I wondered if there was an easier way.
Considering that the "stills" node does have some features concerning frames (E.G. "force digits"), I was hoping to find a "first frame number" of "frame offset" feature there.

Thank you very much for any advice on how to improve my approach!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filenames produced by the "Stills" Encoder

Post by admin »

Hi amdx,

You have some excellent improvement points there for the stills encoder! Just use your workaround if you're happy with it, until these features are natively supported. I cannot promise it for 1.4.1 but they will definately be on the feature wish list.

-steinar
amdx

Re: Filenames produced by the "Stills" Encoder

Post by amdx »

Hi Steinar!
Thank you for your answer. And thanks again for the software!!!