Youtube processor no-audio edge case fix

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
crispyjones

Youtube processor no-audio edge case fix

Post by crispyjones »

Ran into an odd issue with a video was downloaded with VP9 codec and no audio, caused issues for downstream nodes and equipment. Searching the format selection sent by the youtube processor node

Code: Select all

-f 636+bestaudio/best
I ran across this github issue. Based on some of the comments I added this line

-S +hdr -f bestvideo[height<=?1080]+bestaudio/best
to the .conf file referenced by my processor which *should* download the best up to 1080 non HDR file with audio. This fixed the issue with the problem video I ran across.
FranceBB

Re: Youtube processor no-audio edge case fix

Post by FranceBB »

Uhmmmmm... It looks like it was fixed in ffmpeg 7.0.1 but we're running an older version of ffmpeg, 6.1.1 if I remember correctly, in FFAStrans 1.4. I don't actually know whether the issue occurs on the muxing side of things after yt-dl downloads the essences or if it occurs on the decoding side of things. If it's the latter then perhaps an A/V decoder set to "no decoding" for both video and audio could solve the problem as it would be going through Avisynth with an indexer, FFVideoSource() for the video and BestAudioSource() for the audio.

If you have time please let us know.
I'd try it myself but I'm in a bit of a rather tough week right now with some issues occurring at work, but hopefully I'll try next week.
crispyjones

Re: Youtube processor no-audio edge case fix

Post by crispyjones »

I'm not sure what is going on behind the scenes, but I was getting an mp4 wrapped VP9 coded file with no audio directly from the youtube processor. I've discovered the above conf changes were not enough, I'm currently experimenting with the following

-S +hdr -f bestvideo[height<=?1080][vcodec!='vp09']+bestaudio/best