Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Stef

Re: Webinterface

Post by Stef »

emcodem wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:21 pm
Stef wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:20 pm I did notice something in the Job Submitter, files are always sorted by creation date, descending. Clicking on a header sorts by that type, but changing the directory always resets sorting back to creation date.
Thanks a lot for giving it a shot Stef! What you say is true, unchangeable currently. I believe i did save the sort order in some older version but i reverted because it caused troubles and felt kind of weird for larger shares. However, of course you have a valid point here, i might want to re-enable saving the sort order but maybe only for the current session or for the current browse location? What you think?
Also, if you re-order, what do you usually use, "name"?
Hey @emcodem

I think saving it for the current session would be a good idea, or a changeable default setting(?). Per folder seems like it would be overkill to save that for every single browsed folder. Usual sorting (in my case atleast) would by name, indeed.

Been looking a bit further, and I've noticed some other things - just giving feedback, not complaining :P

The job overview also sorts kind of oddly. Active jobs are at the bottom, and the queue seems to get disorganised over time (older and more recent submitted jobs get jumbled). In previous versions, it seems like the view was sorted by state first -so they would be at the top -, and then start time, ascending - oldest queued jobs are right below the active ones, since they would start first after the current ones are finished.
-- though as I'm writing, that doesn't seem to happen right now? EDIT: Again, screenshot attached below.
Screenshot Queue.png
Screenshot Queue.png (24.56 KiB) Viewed 557 times

These are pretty much nitpicking though, this kind of thing is up to preference, I know :) Functionality stays the same.

Sometimes there's an error getting queued jobs ("Error getting queued jobs. If FFAStrans installation moved, please correct Path in Admin settings.)". I noticed however that the API (ip:3003/tickets) returns an error at that point, ENEONT no such file or directory. It complains about a .json file not existing in the FFAStrans folder. Im not sure if that is something unnique on my end though, seems to happen only when serveral jobs are processing. (I did change my network setup to improve responsiveness, as suggested by FranceBB and yourself. WebUI and FFAStrans processing are completely split, processing cache is separated too).

Example output:

Code: Select all

{"description":{"errno":-4058,"code":"ENOENT","syscall":"stat","path":"\\\\192.168.10.90\\FFAStrans\\Processors\\db\\cache\\tickets\\running\\0~60e8b42c-aed0-4719-a708-df3992d0213e~981001100~1-0-0~20240329-1600-3110-86c4-c0446b694656~PRECUT-01~350478.json"}}
Variable editing in the UI works nicely in the fixed version. Being able to sort form fields and customise size is great! Makes for some neat forms.
Screenshot Forms.png
Screenshot Forms.png (17.6 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Stef

Post by Stef »

Continuing exploring, I noticed that there can be missing jobs in the history view. I think it's caused by some sort of parsing issue, but I don't know what exactly causes it. Below is some output in the database.log file, but I'm not sure if it's relevant. At the time the jobs in the history stop appearing, the webinterface log starts getting these warnings too.

Missing jobs DO start showing up if I clear some job log folders in the FFAStrans db/cache/jobs folder, but I was silly and actually deleted them, instead of moving those somewhere else, can't check those anymore now... I'll report back when I get more info.

2024-10-15 03:37:35: error: [database]: uncaughtException: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'undefined')
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'undefined')
    at Request._callback (C:\FFASTR~2\node_components\cron_tasks\jobfetcher.js:194:32)
    at self.callback (C:\FFASTR~2\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
    at Request.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\FFASTR~2\node_modules\request\request.js:1154:10)
    at Request.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\FFASTR~2\node_modules\request\request.js:1076:12)
    at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:627:28)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1359:12)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21)

2024-10-14 18:01:10: warn: [webint]: Over 200ms response Time (259,947 ms), GET /api/json/v2/jobs/?start=0&count=100
2024-10-14 18:01:10: warn: [webint]: Over 200ms response Time (457,302 ms), GET /api/json/v2/jobs
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

Stef wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:23 am Sometimes there's an error getting queued jobs ("Error getting queued jobs. If FFAStrans installation moved, please correct Path in Admin settings.)".
Yep, that's something I noticed as well and reported privately to emcodem a few days ago, but I'm really glad that you could reproduce it as well!
Screenshot from 2024-10-15 12-57-13.png
Screenshot from 2024-10-15 12-57-13.png (454.97 KiB) Viewed 490 times
emcodem actually said that he's still working towards the migration from API to reading from file storage and that the issue we're seeing there is given by the APIs.
The very good news, however, is that we won't get that error for much longer.
To quote him:
The new approach cannot timeout, synchronisation happens in the background so timeouts can only occur on server side but not on client side.
I am seeking for the last fragments reading stuff from api right now
In other words, using the new approach, we won't ever see anything timing out as it will read from the storage, so unless getting files from the actual storage times out (unlikely and in that case you would have a much bigger problem than the web interface), it will never display an error.
As soon as the new file-based version is released, we won't face that error. :)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Stef

thanks again for all the investigations, you seem to do serious business with webint :D

Here is some prerelease for you, it should store the job submitter file sorting globally even if i noticed that windows explorer does it per folder.
However, the most urgent thing is the "sometimes miss jobs" stuff, i can't allow this to happen. There are already some mitigation strategies involved in this prerelease but unless i know the exact reason for your issues, i am not 100% certain about the fix.

- EDIT: something went terribly wrong with this upload, will re-up tonight. -

Maybe if you experience the issue again, you can zip and send me webint.log file?

Also you have a point about active jobs sorting, i shall re-visit that part. I believe currently it is just sorting by state and the rest is more or less accident.

And that's a nice job submitter form you got there, exactly how it's intended to be... :D
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?