Low disk space causes problems

Here you can submit bugreports
3dsasha

Low disk space causes problems

Post by 3dsasha »

Hello!
Sometimes using FFASttrans farm on same network drive with encoded media causes free disk space to totally 0 bytes. Of course, status monitor tells me about low space and pauses jobs, but zero bytes free often happens. The main problem - FFAStrans tries saving its own files (logs, jsons and etc) with failure. There are results - (rarely) some workflows disappear, (often) paused jobs cannot be resumed or deleted and takes slots to busy.
The possible feature request is to preserve more than free space.
And my small question is - could you tell me how to free undeletable blocked slots without reinstall all ffastrans farm files?
emcodem

Re: Low disk space causes problems

Post by emcodem »

Hi!

So the general recommendation is to have the install files on a separate share, provided by one of the hosts (a windows shared folder basically). The cache folder should be kept on a separate NAS (netapp,isilon etc..), most likely where the mediafiles go.

To get rid of "hanging" stuff, you could potentially just delete running tickets here:

Code: Select all

FFAStrans\Processors\db\cache\tickets\
Also, if jobs are just shown on the status monitor but no ticket is there, you can delete the corresponding jsons directly in this folder:

Code: Select all

FFAStrans\Processors\db\cache\monitor\
Additionally you might want to look at the running tasks and check if the actual job is really running or not.
You can check out some documentation on all that here:
https://ffastrans.com/wiki/doku.php?id=system:processes
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?