Merging MP4 files from an SD card.

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
Oleg

Merging MP4 files from an SD card.

Post by Oleg »

The task is this.
1. There are memory cards with mp4 files. It is necessary to combine all the files into one and save them in HD.
2. Then we make PROXY-files from this file (everything is clear here).

When using the CMD, I created a list with the command

for %%i in (*.mp4) do echo file '%%i'>> mylist.txt

then I used FFMPEG

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4

But there are problems with the national alphabet in this method.
How to do a merge using FFAStrans?
emcodem

Re: Merging MP4 files from an SD card.

Post by emcodem »

Hi Oleg,

you can try the files find processor and set "output type" to ffconcat, maybe that's more compatible to your special characters?
Download find files here: https://ffastrans.com/wiki/doku.php?id= ... processors
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Can there be PROCESSOR where you can do without resorting to external processes? For example, the PanasonicP2 monitor performs file gluing very well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Oleg, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum!

This can certainly be accomplished using inbuilt FFAStrans features, but you will need 1.3 to do it in a nice manner. Take a look at the attached workflow which you can import. It should get you started but you need to modify to your needs.

Hope this helps.

-steinar
Attachments
Concat sources.json
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Oleg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:24 pm Can there be PROCESSOR where you can do without resorting to external processes? For example, the PanasonicP2 monitor performs file gluing very well.
P2 has a standardized structure and a describing xml and it is widely used. What you want to do is not standardized, therefore no native support for it. There is no way we could know what files belong together in which order and also no way to tell if the series has completely arrived in the watchfolder.
About external process: all of these kind of processing results in an external process. For P2 it is just done by ffastrans internally, hidden for you and no option for you to influence details about the process.

Generally for such usecases it is better not to use monitor folders but instead an API submit e.g. from Webinterface or some custom GUI that lets the user select which files in what order belong together.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?