Inconsistent audio level

Here you can submit bugreports
pandadnap

Inconsistent audio level

Post by pandadnap »

Hi,
Thanks for 0.9.0 release and those new cool feature!
I had a workflow created in 0.8.2.2 which simply convert input file to a proxy file with timecode and watermark overlay. A audio channel mapper added to select source channel 1 and 2.
So far, it works perfect;y in 0.8.2.2. However, when this workflow was imported into 0.9.0, the audio level of left channel become much lower then right channel. The level of right channel is same as my source file.
Attached my workflow for your reference.

Many thanks!
Panda
Attachments
Screener.7z
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Inconsistent audio level

Post by admin »

Hi pandadnap, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I can confirm the bug and a fix is on the way. As far as I can see, it only concerns the "H.264" encoder node.
Thanks for reporting!

-steinar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A fix has now been released. Please apply and report back.
http://www.ffastrans.com

-steinar
pandadnap

Post by pandadnap »

Hi steinar, thank you for the patch. The issue fixed.
However, I do have two more questions.
1. the volume of the output file is higher than the original video clip for about 3db(Checked in Adobe Premiere). This isn't a big issue, I can adjust it by adding another filter. Just curious is it normal in FFAStran.
2. the output file is 1 frame shorter than original clip.
Refer to below screenshot, the .mxf is my source file while the .mp4 is the output file created by the workflow attached in my first post. I didn't compare two clips frame by frame. However, I suspect the last frame was skipped(according the the burn-in timecode in the output clip)
screenshot01.jpg
screenshot01.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 9627 times
thanks!
pandadnap
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for notifying, I'll look into the matters. Could you please export and post your workflow so that I can see if there are any settings that cause the behavior?

-steinar
pandadnap

Post by pandadnap »

Hi steinar, attached is the workflow. It actually having same setting as the workflow attached in my first workflow. It was exported from 0.9.0.1.

thank you!
Attachments
Screener_0.9.0.1.7z
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have not been able to reproduce the higher audio levels. In my test they come out virtually the same. Just minor differences due to audio compression. Are you sure it's not Premiere premiere playing some tricks? I have never had any reports on this before and FFAStrans does not alter volumes unless told otherwise.

However, I have reproduced the shortened encoding and I will look into that. Thanks for reporting! :-)

-steinar
pandadnap

Post by pandadnap »

thanks steinar! I will check if Premiere playing any trick and report back if any. ;)