Youtube Download Encodes - blocks corrupting/smearing

Here you can submit bugreports
lazbert123

Youtube Download Encodes - blocks corrupting/smearing

Post by lazbert123 »

Hi there,

First of all thanks for a great bit of software, we use it daily and it's made life a lot easier!

I've found a problem recently that appears to have come up between the jump from ver 0.9.0.4 and 0.9.1. When using the Youtube-DL module we've found that some Youtube clips have started losing picture structure in the transcoded file, even with the simplest workflow I can create.

The youtube-decoder module is set to 1080 and we've used the "Welcome to Marwen" official trailer on Youtube as an example. It seems to break up on key frames/scene changes and it happens across all encoders and filters pointing at an issue with the Youtube/A/V Media module. I've rolled back to 0.9.0.4 as there doesn't appear to be the issue, no changes to the workflow used.

I hope I'm not missing something obvious, any help would be appreciated. This only appears to be happening with using Youtube/online clips, normal watch folders and dropping video files appears OK.

Thanks.
Attachments
Trailer - Corrupting.jpg
Trailer - Corrupting.jpg (114.45 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Youtube Download Encodes - blocks corrupting/smearing

Post by admin »

Hi lazbert123, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

It's a problem with the latest ffms2 plugin for reading media in AviSynth. I will investigate furher when I'm back from my vacation. If you're not adding any filters I would just skip the "A/V decoder" for now.

-steinar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello again lazbert123,

I can now confirm that this issue has been fixed in the next release of FFAStrans. Thank you for reporting! :-)

-steinar
lazbert123

Post by lazbert123 »

Hi Steinar,

Thanks for looking in to that for us, much appreciated!