0.6 Delivers original file instead of processed file

Here you can submit bugreports
Hector

0.6 Delivers original file instead of processed file

Post by Hector »

Hi, i am using the new 0.6 version, i am having a problem where the original unprocessed file is delivered to the final destination instead of the processed file, this happens randomly (i have not detected a pattern yet). I have a wf where i pick .ts files recorded from tv with Hauppage Wintv, then i process those files to convert then to mp4 format and finally if the process is successful deliver the processed file to a directory or if unsuccessful deliver the original file to another directory, finally the wf is configured to delete the file after processing.

For example, i placed 10 files in the source directory to be processed during the night, the next day i found 10 files in the final directory, but 3 of those files were the original .ts files instead of the processed .mp4 files, when i check the monitor log i find the file outcome is marked as "success".

This error did not happen in prior versions of ffastrans. If you need more detail or for me to do some testing just ask.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 0.6 Delivers original file instead of processed file

Post by admin »

Hi Hector and thank you for using FFAStrans :-)

If you could you please export the relevant workflow(s) and mail it to post@ffastrans.com, and I will investigate.

-steipal
Hector

Post by Hector »

Requested file sent
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can't find anything in you workflow that should cause the issue. So I think you need to turn on logging: Open the properties of the workflow, enter the "Special"-tab and enable "Log to files". Now, every job creates a new <GUID>.txt file with all kinds of information. It can be difficult to find the correct log files but they will contain the name of your original files and so they should be easy to search for and locate in the log folder. When you locate the log for the jobs that came out wrong you can send the log to post@ffastrans.com.
Alternatively You can also zip and mail the whole log folder and just specify the file names in question.

Thanks.

-steipal
Hector

Post by Hector »

Requested info sent.
chezzy

Post by chezzy »

Hi Both,

Was this every sorted ? I have had the same issues for years now, i can't work it out..

Thanks

Lee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi chezzy, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I take it you use the latest 0.9.3 version?

-steinar