Bug in resize nod?

Here you can submit bugreports
momocampo

Bug in resize nod?

Post by momocampo »

HAB DYN.xml
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Hello,

I have maybe found a issue with resize node. I join my workflow, it will be easier to understand.
So, when I ingest 50i video (top field first), the output order field is bad with autodetect, tff, bff(of course). The result is good with analyse.
Anyway, maybe a problem with tff or maybe because my workflow (crop before resize).
Can you check Steinar please?

Thank you very much.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug in resize nod?

Post by admin »

Hi Benjamin, thanks for reporting :-)

Normally I would advice against croping video height when source is interlaced. And although that might not be the problem here I would like you to remove the "Crop"-filter and then see how FFAStrans deals with resizing.

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi Steinar,

Thanks for your help. I tried by removing crop filter but same thing (bad field order). OK, it's strange to crop then resize but it is necessary to obtain the desired file :D
Anyway, I switched on "analyse" and it's ok but the bad result seems to be a bad field order, by the way, when BFF is selected the result is exactly the same than TFF.
Thanks again Steinar.

Cheers
B.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been very busy and travelling a lot lately. I finally got to take a closer look at your workflow and your issue. So here's what happens:

1. An interlaced interlaced source is picked up. The "A/V Media"-node tells FFAStrans that it's upper.
2. You crop. FFAStrans still thinks it's upper because it have not been told otherwise.
3. You scale. FFAStrans still thinks it's upper because it have not been told otherwise. It will perserve interlacing when scaling, thus making interlaced output.
4. You encode. The encoder will encode interlaced frames because it's told to.

So what you need to do is add a deinterlace filter before croping. This should fix your issue. It does not seem to be a bug in the resize-node. It does what it's told.

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Steinar,

Ok, thank you very much for your help, I will try but with the "analyse" option it was ok.
Cheers.

B.