ffmpeg Telecine features

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
admin
Site Admin

Re: ffmpeg Telecine features

Post by admin »

Hi BernH,

That's great work:-) We would just need the actual methods and some samples to implement telecining and pulldown. We will take care of audio and color, the latter being much more complicated. It might also be that we don't care about color conversions in this regard but leave it up to the user to use the colorspace filter. But once we get the basic method we will see how we implement it.

-steinar
BernH

Post by BernH »

Letting the user implement the colour space filter as required sounds good to me. This is how the vantage and selenio solutions work if I recall correctly. It would be best to implement colour space conversions before implementing telecine/pull down anyway.

So I will just proceed with the telecine video pull down patterns and the IVTC. That makes my life a lot easier. 😉

If you are going to treat things in a more modular fashion as you allude to regarding the colour space filter, even the speed change and audio adjustments required for those few conversions I mentioned may be best implemented as a separate module placed before the telecine module in the workflow.
BernH

Post by BernH »

Hey Steinar,

I just sent you a PM with the work to date.