Avisynth - DeJitter plugin

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
dklooker

Avisynth - DeJitter plugin

Post by dklooker »

I'm trying to create a workflow that DeJitters (using AviSynth Dejitter plugin: http://www.avisynth.nl/users/vcmohan/De ... Jitter.htm) drone footage. I've tried several things but can't get it to work. What I have setup is:

- A/V Media node
- Custom AviSynth Node:
# Load the DeJitter plugin
LoadPlugin("%s_ffastrans_dir%\processors\AVS_plugins\DeJitter\DeJitter.dll")

# Use the decoded media from the A/V Media Decoder node
m_clip = _ffas_video

# Apply the DeJitter filter
m_clip = DeJitter(m_clip, jmax=32, th=80, wsyn=10, extend=true, uselast=false)

# Return the processed clip
Return m_clip

- XDCAMHD Node
- Folder

However I keep getting error's when feeding a file into the workflow. I've had these two errors:
- XDCAM-HD@DESKTOP-K2ABVOD: Validate: Script error: Invalid arguments to function 'DeJitter'.
- XDCAM-HD@DESKTOP-K2ABVOD: Validate: Cannot load a 32 bit DLL in 64 bit Avisynth: 'C:/FFAStrans/processors/AVS_plugins/DeJitter/DeJitter.dll' (Solved when forcing the 32-bit dependencies.)

Any idea on how to get this working?
FranceBB

Re: Avisynth - DeJitter plugin

Post by FranceBB »

I'm really sorry to see that you ended up in the old wiki page rather than the new one. :(
We're trying to get things sorted in the Avisynth community but we have a huge deal of legacy stuff lying around and I understand it's not quite as intuitive as it should be, given the 24 years of development of this amazing frameserver we all love...
Anyway, the updated version of DeJitter() is included in the manyPlus.dll from VCMohan and you can find it here:
manyPlus.zip
(191.76 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
or here: http://www.avisynth.nl/users/vcmohan/ma ... itter.html

That's compiled against the latest AVS headers and of course it's also x64. :D

About the Custom Avisynth Script node in FFAStrans, you were really close, but all you need to do is simply:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("%s_ffastrans_dir%\processors\AVS_plugins\DeJitter\manyPlus.dll")

m_clip=DeJitter(m_clip, jmax=32, th=0.25, wsyn=10, extend=true)

Return m_clip
I tested it and it seems to be working just fine:
Screenshot from 2024-07-03 13-21-22.png
Screenshot from 2024-07-03 13-21-22.png (16.88 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Also please remember that many plugins need the Microsoft C++ Redistributable to be installed as they're compiled with MSVC, so it's always a good idea to install the AIO package on every host. :)
You can find the AIO packages here: https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/releases/

One last note, please make sure that all those are unticked (aside for the "Set 64bit") in the Custom AVS Script node:
Screenshot from 2024-07-03 13-29-10.png
Screenshot from 2024-07-03 13-29-10.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 4032 times
This will allow the preservation of frame properties so that they're gonna be passed to the filter_builder later on to create the appropriate filter_chain in the XDCAM-50 Encoder connected later on in the workflow. :)